ColorDesign’s story begins over 35 years ago, when Giovanni Mogni’s vision of a worldwide Italian hair color was born with the formation of his global company In Italy.
Italy is known the world over as a culture rich in history, art, fashion, music, and romance and Italian haircolor is wellknown for it’s vibrancy, shine, and rich lustrous textures. Signore Mogni began with the premise that any hair color, to be truly global, would need to have not only these characteristics, but the coolest blondes, the most superior grey coverage, and an easy to understand system.
As In Italy grew, it quickly became one of the largest manufactures of Italian haircolor in the world, eventually manufacturing hair color for over 70 different companies in over 40 different countries. With the creation and patent of the revolutionary molecular conditioner “ceramide A2”, Signore Mogni's vision was complete and the global brand ColorDesign was born.
ColorDesign has taken Signore Mogni’s years of experience manufacturing the world finest haircolor and the latest in micro pigment technology, molecular conditioning, and keratin replacement science to create a truly unique professional hair color unlike anything else available today.
ColorDesign’s six state of the art factories throughout Italy are 100% computerized and robotic. No human hand ever touches a tube of haircolor from start to finish, allowing for the most consistent product with “zero” variation from tube to tube. Signore Mogni’s vision of a global brand with everything the professional colorist needs from 100% dust free powder lighteners, revolutionary highlighting creams, “true” ammonia free tone on tone colors, and over 110 permanent shades has finally been realized.
In 2009, ColorDesign USA became the exclusive distributor for ColorDesign products in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. We are making it our mission to provide the highest quality products, training, sales and marketing tools for the distributor, salon, and salon professional.
Welcome to ColorDesign USA.
Top 10 Reasons to Use Color Design
1. ColorDesign is the Worlds only Professional Hair Color Line to use Ceramide A2. Ceramide A2 is a patented molecule that replaces the hair's natural ceramides or amino acids on a molecular level as they are breaking down and lost in the color process. Because we simultaneously rebuild the hair, hair is softer and in better condition after the color service. Ceramide A2 is revolutionary in the hair color world. Both the colorist and the client will feel the difference.
2. ColorDesign color is super economical and affordable with one of the lowest price points on the market but with the highest quality ingredients on the market. How can we do it? Because we make so much color. Over 24 million tubes each year for many of the most successful brands in the world. We make color for over 70 brands in more then 40 countries. But we saved the best of the best for ColorDesign’s own product, the one you are choosing to use today.
3. Shine and luminosity are key results when using ColorDesign color products. The ability to be either opaque or translucent gives the colorist the ability to choose the perfect color for every client
4. Fadage is very slight and is on tone, every time in a traditional 5 to 6 week client. In other words ColorDesign holds like no other color system and when it does fade it never fades to an unwanted or unexpected tone. ColorDesign colors have great mix ability to give the colorist an extremely creamy consistency with a product that can be applied with either a bowl and brush or a tint bottle.
6. Consistency is a demand for all serious Colorists. ColorDesign is made in a state of the art facility which is 100% computerized and robotic with no human intervention allowing for precise formulas, mixtures, and packaging. Guaranteed zero variation from tube to tube. ColorDesign colors have the nicest fragrance on the market. No heavy ammonia smells just a pleasant tropical fragrance never obtrusive or overbearing.
8. ColorDesign has a beautiful rich shade selection allowing for true control of warmth and the most vibrant tones available. A neutral series that guarantees gray coverage and a Chocolate series that is all the rage for todays brunettes. We use the finest pigments and raw materials available.
9. ColorDesign Lighteners are fast acting with total control, offering toning while lifting. Choose either our white, blue or violet powders. All are dust free premixed formulas. Shiny Blonde cream lightener is a super rich cream containing silk proteins to condition as it lifts.
10. Tone On Tone the ColorDesign Demi-Permanent that acts like a permanent color. Tone on Tone gives excellent gray coverage in lower levels and gray blending in the higher levels. Ammonia-free and a No lift deposit guarantees no unwanted warm tones making this line an excellent choice for men.
John Bogdan, President
Kevin Mills, National Director of Education
Nikki Garcia, Education Coordinator
EDUCATION TEAM MEMBERS
Alex Derango, Artistic Director
Alex Derango is an award-winning, highly celebrated, postmodern hairdresser who believes in creating style rather than chasing fashion.
DeRango offers a clear voice so you can navigate the new rules for color, cut and style. His programs are unique and unexpected - showcasing the street smart looks that bring together cultures rather than eras.
For nearly 25 years he has worked in many influential capacities, including as a private consultant to salon owners, as a trainer to stylists and as a guest artists throughout North and South America. His discerning eye and voice have received both national and international recognition.
Now with ColorDesign, De Rango creates "Living Color", collections that assure both artistic satisfaction and financial reward.
Watch the All New Color Techniques 12 Min Video starring Alex.